Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Castro Blogs

When I first saw the headline on the Guardian online, "Castro Blogs," I thought for a moment that I was still at The Onion. But no, there -- in all its glory -- is a CiF blog by none other than Fidel Castro. I have to admit I kinda like the guy. He's not the worst dictator you could have, anyway. Here's his post, if you're interested. (And I see Tim Footman managed to get his comment in at the top of the list!)

So here's our question for the day: Can you kill an idea, or are they immortal, as Castro suggests?

4 comments:

BEAST said...

CB, I would suggest there is possibly a imortality/stupidity matrix that need to be applied , surely a very good fundementally sound idea could possibly be immortal , but what about a crassly stupid one ?

Moominmama said...

what counts as a crassly stupid idea? religion?

(oops. did i just type that out loud?)

Romeo Morningwood said...

Ideas are the most dangerous weapons in the known universe. Ideas are very often hard to kill because our species is so easily manipulated and we want simple answers that free up brainspace which in turn allows us to acquire more mates, stuff, and territory.

Simon said...

A human idea can live only as long as humans. We're not here forever.